Friday, November 2, 2007

All Politics is Local



Burning the candle at both ends
by Charlie Leck


This coming Tuesday, many local communities around the nation will be holding elections. The polling places will be open and waiting for you. For goodness sake, I hope you will be voting. If you don't, I think you sacrifice the right to complain about virtually anything involving government. And, I will personally be very disappointed in you.

For it is at this local level, as the extraordinary Congressman from Massachusetts used to like to say, that all politics begins. And the great Tip O'Neil had it absolutely right!

That's why you'll only be getting these very brief blogs until after Tuesday. I was up the last few nights, burning the candle at both ends. I'm worn down and out. There is a real battle in our little town and many of us consider it one in which good guys are pitted against bad guys. The beauty and peacefulness of our gloriously rural community is at stake. We'll have to keep battling until the very last moment.

I'll vote very early on Tuesday morning and then rest up. If it's nice on Tuesday, I'll play a round of golf. After that, you'll start getting some much more significant blogs from me.

Be sure to vote!

No comments:

Post a Comment