Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Short, Wise Blog



Thoughts at the year's end
by Charlie Leck


I would give anything to be able to give you a hyperlink
to Garrison's Keillor's weekly column published by
Tribune Media Services, but, evidently, that company
chooses not to make this particular piece available on
the Internet. I don't know how much of it I am
technically allowed to quote to you, but let's try to get
away with the following, which is down-right delightful
wisdom



"God prefers honest doubt to false piety." [Garrison Keillor: The Nativity Story and the Mystery of Faith, Tribune Media Services, 9 Dec 2007]

"God prefers admitted incompetence to fake authority." [Garrison Keillor: The Nativity Story and the Mystery of Faith, Tribune Media Services, 9 Dec 2007]


If you a regular reader of my blog you already know
that I'm a big fan of Garrison Keillor – at least the
public man. As he gets older, Keillor is expanding
in wisdom without losing his sense of humor. This
makes him mighty powerful.

I'm trying to find out from Tribune Media Services
just where Keillor's column is published across the
country. If I get information I will share it with you
here.

No comments:

Post a Comment