Thursday, February 14, 2008

Lies and the Lying Liars Who Tell Them



President Bush is lying through his teeth
and it really gets me angry!

by Charlie Leck

The current primary campaigns are the best thing that
ever happened to George W. Bush. They’ve distracted us
and we’re not paying attention any more. We’re
forgetting what a terrible, low-down President he is and
this is something that must, for the sake of both history
and the future, never be forgotten. Therefore, I urge you
to go to the
U-Tube website of DelanoCries and listen to
his extraordinary song,
Freakin’ Circus Fascist Nightmare Blues.

Then
watch Keith Olbermann’s video rant about President Bush,
calling him a “bald-faced liar” in no uncertain terms. This is
a video from the end of last year, but it is oh so appropriate
here. Olbermann says “George Bush has no business being
President!” How can you not love a guy like Olbermann?

Forgive me, Al Franken, for using the title of your terrific
book as the title of this current blog. If you suit me over this,
I’ll take back my valuable endorsement.


BREAKING NEWS
The Justice Department admits water boarding is illegal.
An official of the Justice Department, Steven Bradbury,
says his department considers the torture method illegal
under U.S. law. See the story on Capitol Hill Blue
[Feds admit waterboarding illegal]
February 14, 2008 - 8:29am

I just about went through the roof a couple nights ago when I turned on CNN to watch the evening news. There was a clip of President Bush, lying through his teeth again and it really pissed me off. It was actually a Fox video, from which CNN was playing only a snippet.

I’d had a pretty decent day. The highlight was wonderful lunch at Longfellows, a nice little cafĂ© that sits right on the west bank of the Mississippi River, looking across to Saint Paul. I had a delicious breaded walleye sandwich on a foccacia bun and the best cold-slaw I ever tasted. My lunch partner is a great guy, with a good mind and a spectacular radio-voice. He sprays food everywhere when he gets excited and I lost my appetite somewhat before I finished my sandwich. That was okay. It was fun to listen to his enthusiasm. Yet, all was spoiled in the evening when I heard the President saying of Barack Obama: “…he’s going to attack Pakistan and embrace Ahmadinejad.”

Now here’s the deal. Bush hadn’t just misunderstood Obama. He wasn’t just taking what Obama said out of context. He wasn’t just twisting it a bit for political campaigning purposes. As Olbermann says of our President, “He’s a bald-faced liar!”

Putting Bush’s comments more in their context, this is how he put it in his own extremely ineloquent way:

"I certainly don't know what he believes in. The only foreign policy thing I
remember he said was he's going to attack Pakistan and embrace Ahmadinejad. I
think I commented that in a press conference when I was asked about that."

The bumbling, stumbling lie came near the end of the first part of a three part interview with one of Fox’s make-believe journalists, out at Camp David.

Go to Nico Pitney’s column on the Huffington Post to watch the portion of the interview where Bush makes the ludicrous remarks. Pitney quotes what Obama really said.

“In fact, Obama has not advocated either for attacking Pakistan or embracing Ahmadinejad. Obama has said that the U.S. should be willing to strike against al Qaeda targets in Pakistan if the country's president Pervez Musharraf refuses. Obama also said during a debate last year that he was willing to meet with leaders of Iran and other U.S. rivals without preconditions, although he did not commit to doing so.”

Look it here! There is no way to soften the truth about George W. Bush, As Olbermann said better than anyone else ever could, this man has no business being President. There is no moral high ground when it comes to this President. He is only a low-down snake-in-the-grass. Bring on Huckabee, McCain, Obama or Clinton. I’ll take any of them and be mighty relieved.I simply want a President who is more than a marionette whose strings are pulled by corporate moguls. Please!

END

The above sucks as a message on Valentine’s Day. In fact, I left some chocolate and an original card on the kitchen counter this morning for my wife to find. If you wish to read the poem, go to this personal web page.

Coming soon (but not necessarily in this order):
  1. Blog on why Photoshop is getting a bum rap!
  2. Blog on my old man’s love for baseball and the grand old Polo Grounds
  3. A Blog I call "God is!"
  4. Blog on the danger of the big-wigs running the nomination process at the coming Democratic National Convention

No comments:

Post a Comment