Monday, December 31, 2012

Cancel that Post



For the first time ever, I had the good sense to not post a blog!
by Charlie Leck

I finished an 11 or 12 paragraph post yesterday, complete with quotations from the lyrics of two songs I like, and then I gave it a careful proof reading. How the good sense came over me to not post the blog I’ll never know. It’s not like me. I’ve put up here a dozen or so blogs that should never have seen the light of day.

This abandoned blog was one of those to which you would have reacted: “Who cares?”

So, there is a hole here this morning and, perhaps, a hole is better than a whole bunch of sentimental claptrap (empty, meaningless and insincere words; or words meant solely to win praise or to impress the public). Yet, I seek to fill the whole with something…

I
Dictionary.com’s word of the day today is compotation.—an act or instance of drinking or tippling together! “An hour of compotation with you would be warmly welcomed.” Or, as St. Paul wrote in one of his epistles: “I look forward to joining with you again in true affection!”

II
The Minnesota Vikings’ NFL football team ended its regular season yesterday – and in grand fashion. They beat the Green Bay Packers and our super-hero, Adrienne Peterson, rushed for 199 yards in the game and ended the season with 2,097 yards (just 9 yards short of the all-time record).
_________________

Happy New Year
If you’ve gotten this far, you may receive here my very sincere wish for a happy coming new year. I hope that 2013 is a spectacular year for you.

This is my final post for 2012 and post number 1715 since I began blogging in 2007. See you next year!


_________________________
Why not become a follower?
If you read my blog regularly, why not become a follower? All you have to do is click in the upper right hand corner and establish a simple means of communication. Then you'll be informed every time a new blog is posted here. If all that's confusing, here's Google's explanation of how to do it! If you don’t want to post comments on the blog, but would like to communicate with me about it, send me an email if you’d like.

1 comment:

  1. I know just how you feel - been there,done that.Happy New Year and happy 2013 blogging.

    ReplyDelete