Monday, February 17, 2014

Baseball On My Mind


It’s far from spring here in Minnesota, but spring fever begins for me when the ball players start showing up at their respective spring training facilities.
by Charlie Leck
Ball players started arriving at their respective spring training facilities over the weekend. It always heightens my mood when I realize the boys of summer are gathering to get ready for another baseball season. I have a sneaky-good feeling about the Minnesota Twins this year. I think we’re going to see some new, young, energetic and exciting ball players join the team. Joe Mauer moves to first base and he’ll excel there and at bat. My prediction is that the Twins will win more than they’ll lose this year.
My predicted baseball surprise of the year this year? KC Royals will go to the World Series. Detroit, Chicago and Minnesota will fight for second place in the division. Next season (2015)? The Twins will win it all.
So, for a couple days, put aside all the political news and the Washington in-fighting and let’s concentrate our national pastime – baseball!
Right now the snow is falling like crazy here on our pretty patch in Minnesota. Go Twins!


_________________________

Why not become a follower?
If you read my blog regularly, why not become a follower? All you have to do is click in the upper right hand corner and establish a simple means of communication. Then you'll be informed every time a new blog is posted here. If all that's confusing, here's Google's explanation of how to do it! If you don’t want to post comments on the blog, but would like to communicate with me about it, send me an email if you’d like.

No comments:

Post a Comment