Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Thoughts of Love

Singin' a country song as I drove!
by Charlie Leck

I was driving across the panhandle of northwest Florida yesterday. I wasn't in a hurry. Time was on my side and it was a beautiful day in spring.

I'd been listening to National Public Radio as I drove, but every 50 miles or so I'd lose the local station that was sending it out and I had to go hunting for another outlet. Finally I gave up and just let the radio cruise over to one or another of (it seemed) a thousand country and western stations coming out of Flordia, Georgia and Alabama. The change would be good for me. There's something soothing about the country sound.

Someone was crooning (and I should be able to tell you who it was, but I can't) a soothing love song. Crazy, I thought! It says everything I'd like to say about my wife. I'll save the lyrics and put them in a card to her sometime. Oh, heck! If you'll excuse the personal stuff, I'll put them here right now to let her know how much I'm missing her...
You're in my heart, you're in my soul
You'll be my breath should I grow old
You are my lover, you're my best friend
You're in my soul

My love for you is immeasurable
My respect for you immense
You're ageless, timeless, lace and fineness
You're beauty and elegance

You're a rhapsody, a comedy
You're a symphony and a play
You're every love song ever written
But Honey, what do you see in me?

You're in my heart, you're in my soul
You'll be my breath should I grow old
You are my lover, you're my best friend
You're in my soul

That's it. I kept singing the words to myself as the miles sped by and Mobile drew closer.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful words. Hope the singing came close to the lyrics.

    ReplyDelete