Friday, September 26, 2008

Hear Ye! Hear Ye! The Honorable Senator John McCain Wins the Debate!


It hasn’t happened yet; Yet it has!
by Charlie Leck

It is hours before the debate. I’ve still got a Yappy-Hour to go to and then a quiet drink to have before the debate even begins. In case some of you think the above is a typo, I’ll explain. The Yappy Hour is a gathering of dogs that are released from their leashes and they make Yappy together. I’ll be a guest of my dog, Jasper, as the little gathering.

Yet, though it hasn’t happened, I guess it has. Ads have already appeared in several places – positioned by the McCain campaign committee – annnouncing that John McCain was the winner of the debate – as his campaign manager is quoted: “Hands down!”

If you don’t believe it, take a look! Maybe they’ll catch the mistake and pull them before you read this. Then you’ll just have to take my word. They were there. Here’s a Washington Post story about the slip-up.

What a world this presidential politics is!

No comments:

Post a Comment