Thursday, April 15, 2010

Health Care Industry Gone Crazy


Now look! I’m not sayin’ – I’m just sayin’
by Charlie Leck

I’m not going to go on and on about this. I’ll be brief and get right to the point. You ask and answer the key questions on your own.

I’m writing about the health care industry that fills the campaign treasuries of just about every Republican Congressional candidate in the country.

In 2009, Stephen Hemsley, the President and Chief Executive Officer of United Health Group, Inc., based in Minnetonka, Minnesota, received total compensation of $101,959,866. Yup! There’s no typo there and no extra digits. We’re talkin’ over 100 million dollars.

Do you have any questions?

Hey, those of you in the Tea Party, are you paying attention?

Get this! He’ll probably pay less in federal income taxes than his secretary.

Do you think Health Care is broken?

Where is all that money coming from?

Oops! Sorry! I said you could ask the questions.

Back in 2006, William McGuire held the same position in the same company. He took down 127 million dollars in that year. He got over 90 million the year before.

If you don’t think this is crazy, I’m afraid you’re crazy!

No comments:

Post a Comment