Thursday, March 15, 2012

OMG


Everyone is hot with the idea that Mitt Romney will do away with Planned Parenthood if he is elected! I’m not so sure that’s correct. The Democrats want to spend a billion dollars to beat Romney and Romney can’t even beat Santorum!
by Charlie Leck

Somewhere, someplace, sometime or other, Mitt Romney made the mistake of saying, “Planned Parenthood? We’re going to get rid of that.”

Where did he say it? I don’t know! When did he say it? I don’t know. Did he really say it? I don’t know! Romney’s “people” said it was taken out of context by the Democrats! Sure! Oh, sure!

“Is the program so critical that it is worth borrowing money from China to pay for it? And on that basis, of course you get rid of Obama Care, that’s the easy one. But there are others: Planned Parenthood, we’re going to get rid of that. The subsidy for Amtrak, I would eliminate that. The National Endowment for the Arts, the National Endowment for Humanities, both excellent programs, but we can’t afford to borrow money to pay for these things.”

Of course, Romney was saying, above, that he would eliminate federal spending for Planned Parenthood, but, to raise money, a host of Democrats will give us the impression that Mr. Romney is just plain going to put an end to Planned Parenthood all together!

Representative Debbie Wasserman Schultz, Chair of the Democratic National Committee, tells me he said it. Patty Murray, U.S. Senator from the state of Washington also tells me he said it. They’re both looking for money to help defeat Mitt Romney. So, what’s new?

But, the National Endowment for the Arts and Humanities? End federal funding to those and you will end the programs! Why aren’t people screaming about that? You’re talking about the heart and soul of America – it’s arts and literature!

Every time I turn around, someone else is looking for money to beat someone who has pledged to end the world and, with it, the Democratic Party. Ooooh, I’m shaking in my booties!

I keep writing checks for people who tell me the world will end if those damned Republicans win the coming national election. I’ve had five or six letters from the President, telling me how important I am in the plans for his reelection. How do you like that, chumps? I (little ole’ me)… I am important in the President’s reelection plan! His wife has also written to me, including a photograph of herself and the kids and the big guy (the President) that was taken inside their White House residence. It’s signed by Michelle and she’s asking me for (you guessed it) money. It’s not for the heating bill or groceries. I guess they’re doing okay. She wants campaign contributions. She actually addressed me as “Charles.” I’ll bet the first lady doesn’t know your first name?

Money, money, money! Everyone wants money. A woman is running for Congress out here. She wants to be my Congresswoman. So, she wants money, money, money. She’s not cool! There’s no chance she can beat the Republican candidate, Congressman Eric Paulson (Republican). How I wish she could! I wasn‘t born yesterday, however! She hasn’t a tinker’s chance in Minnesota! [A tinker, according to my dictionary, is an itinerant mender of pots, pans and kettles, etc...] We haven’t ever had a tinker or a tinkerer visit our house ever.

One of the serious problems is this: If you give some money to one Democrat, you’ll get on the list! I promise you, you’ll get on this list! Then, everyone from John Kerry to Dudley Bingbat, who is running for dog catch up in Watangobeako County will be asking you for money for the party. I don’t know what to do about it.

I really don’t know what to do about it! It’s starting to drive me crazy. I’ve budgeted a sum for the President’s campaign. The question is: Should I just go ahead and give it all to him now or should I save some for the other little requests that are bound to come?

The President is committed to raise over one billion dollars for his campaign in 2012. Excuse me! Did you hear me? The President’s campaign in 2012 will spend over one (1) billion dollars on his campaign. OMG!

OMG
Are you an old-timer? OMG is what the kids say these days. I think they have a lot of these little abbreviations they use it talking to each other. This is the only one that’s caught on with me. O-M-G! Oh, my God!

OMG, the President is out to raise a billion dollars for his campaign. That’s what politics has come to in the nation. We can’t raise diddley-twat (whatever that is) to fix the pot-holes in our little road that runs up to the highway, but the President’s campaign is going to spend a billion dollars trying to get him reelected.

Someone once said that “politics is a strange bed-fellow!” Whatever! CWYL!

_________________________
Why not become a follower?
If you read my blog regularly, why not become a follower? All you have to do is click in the upper right hand corner and establish a simple means of communication. Then you'll be informed every time a new blog is posted here. If all that's confusing, here's Google's explanation of how to do it! If you don’t want to post comments on the blog, but would like to communicate with me about it, send me an email if you’d like.

No comments:

Post a Comment