Friday, June 14, 2013

One Loving, Blind Desire for God




My 70 year struggle to understand the concept of God goes on (I should add… without great success).
by Charlie Leck

I have written here a number of times of God.

The following was included in an email yesterday from the Sojourners organization. I found it pleasing (in other words, I liked it). And, it provides something to think about…

"For I tell you this: one loving, blind desire for God alone is more valuable in itself, more pleasing to God and to the saints, more beneficial to your own growth, and more helpful to your friends, both living and dead, than anything else you could do."
   [From a fourteenth-century anonymous work, The Cloud of Unknowing]

I could write more, but this morning I believe this is enough.

________________

Why not become a follower?
If you read my blog regularly, why not become a follower? All you have to do is click in the upper right hand corner and establish a simple means of communication. Then you'll be informed every time a new blog is posted here. If all that's confusing, here's Google's explanation of how to do it! If you don’t want to post comments on the blog, but would like to communicate with me about it, send me an email if you’d like.

No comments:

Post a Comment