Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Photo Op

I use wonderful photographic opportunities selfishly!
by Charlie Leck

The Carriage Association of America (an organization in which both I and my wife hold lifetime memberships) came to Minnesota for an annual winter conference for only the second time in the last 20 years. So, I used the opportunity to take photographs. As you’ll see, I love photographing people in candid (unguarded) situations. In between, I took a few photos of some wonderful sleighs.

I use to think of myself as rather ambisinister with a camera (I’ve dropped and broken more than one), but the Nikon D300 I bought a couple of years ago is precious to me and I’ve begun to learn how to used it quite well.

All around me during the weekend people were having great fun and learning terribly interesting things while I just used the opportunities to allow my camera to search.

_________________________

Why not become a follower?
If you read my blog regularly, why not become a follower? All you have to do is click in the upper right hand corner and establish a simple means of communication. Then you'll be informed every time a new blog is posted here. If all that's confusing, here's Google's explanation of how to do it! If you don’t want to post comments on the blog, but would like to communicate with me about it, send me an email if you’d like.

1 comment:

  1. What wonderful pictures. Reminds me of the story my Dad told of a sleigh he built in Prussia as a young man - he picked the runners out and spent quite a bit of time in the process of bending them for his "sleigh" which was what he called a long runner sleigh. He and his friends - all young guys - probably did what our young guys today do with cars. The horse was hitched with a longer than normal harness and they loaded the long sled up with neighbor friends and dashed off at a fast pace. The excitement was at its highest on the curves - where usually the sled would turn over and throw everyone into the drifts. He would chuckle in his remembrance of the fun of his youth.

    ReplyDelete