Thursday, November 20, 2008

Like Andy Rooney?



You bet! So What?
There's a new imitation... made in China!
by Charlie Leck

I think of him as a cuddly, warm, old curmudgeon. That’s Andy Rooney. I don’t take him very seriously. I don’t think we’re supposed to.

I’ll tell you this, though, he sure can speak in short, crisp sentence that are crystal clear. Wish more people (I’m thinking here of guys like Russ Limbaugh and that O’Reilly fellow) could do it.

Rooney has a down-home earthiness to him, with an east coast (New York) accent. Sometimes he talks about his collection of rubber bands and other times about the problems of the American automobile industry. He makes sense on both subjects and shouldn’t be dismissed as a nut-case just because he’s gotten old and crotchety. (I have a personal stake in that statement.)

Now, as always seems to happen when America has something really cool to offer the market, comes along a cheaper Chinese imitation of the real thing. His name is Poyuan Wei. He’s damned funny and no one tries to hide the fact that the entire concept for his commentary is complete thievery. They’ve swiped Andy Rooney from us. He’s bound to be a hit on Chinese television.

Here’s Poyuan Wei telling us what’s so absolutely wonderful about the Chinese government. Don’t miss it. You’ll thank me for pointing it out to you. I found it on one of my favorite blogs, Laughlines.

No comments:

Post a Comment