Friday, September 25, 2009

Politics at Home



When I go more than two days without posting a blog, there's usually a pretty good reason!
by Charlie Leck

I'm having a difficult time keeping up with my blog these days and there's a good reason for it, I'm overwhelmed with "stuff" to do and my head is spinning.

It all has to do with local politics. I'm running a campaign for a fellow in our community who is running for a seat on the City Council. I'm also trying to support another of the candidates as much as I can. I sometimes pour 12 hours a day into the work. There's so much to do and it is difficult to find people to help with the grunt work -- or, I just don't know how to ask for help (I really don't know which it is).

I'm taking a couple of days off from the campaign (Saturday and Sunday) and I look forward to doing some serious writing. There's plenty to talk about -- including the distant rumble of another possible war for the U.S.. Can you imagine? Isn't that just what we need now?

Don't give up on me! In the end, all this work I'm doing now will make for some mighty good blogs.

And don't forget to vote in your local city elections. Inform yourself about the candidates and vote. Your local elections, in the end, are far more important to your immediate life than the big money campaigns for national candidates. Vote! Vote! Vote!

No comments:

Post a Comment