Friday, November 13, 2009

GIANTS SPEAK THE TRUTH



Two quotes which speak volumes and echo in my soul!

by Charlie Leck

In reaction to the election victory we just celebrated, a neighbor emailed to me Margaret Mead's most well known quotation. How many times I've heard it! It is so appropriate to what has happened here in the last several days and I appreciate being reminded about it.

"Never doubt that a small group of committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it’s the only thing that ever has."
Oh my! I sent it on to the entire campaign committee. It was their hard and persistent work that won the day.

Then, lately, I've been thinking again of how easily the United States seems to choose the course of war instead of reason and negotiation. I thought back to Bill Clinton's first inauguration and Maya Angelou's powerful poetry reading at that ceremony.

"History, despite its wrenching pain,
Cannot be unlived, and if faced
With courage, need not be lived again."

That's quite enough for a Friday morning blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment