Saturday, September 4, 2010

MARGARET & HELEN ARE BACK


The drawing by Charlie is actually done from a photo of the late Betty Friedan
and is not really of the anonymous and unknown Helen Philpot.

The chick, Helen Philpot, is back and she dragged Margaret with her.
by Charlie Leck

“Margaret, your letters have been a source of comfort these past few weeks. I really have not felt like writing until your nephew called me to tell me that lots of people actually read this thing and many of them think that I am dead. Goodness gracious. I had no idea that once I started I couldn’t stop. But if this is my lot in life, I guess things could be worse. It keeps me busy and right now I probably don’t need a lot of time on my hands.” [Helen Philpot]

On August 19, Helen Philpot (or whoever she is) came back from the dead (or wherever she’s been) to write again and post a blog. Thousands of us are very happy she’s back. [click here to read the post]

On September 1, she (or whatever gender this blogger really is) posted a great blog called 100 Grand Bore.

“The greatest threat against America is not terrorism. It’s not a mosque in Manhattan. It’s not gay marriage. It’s not healthcare reform. And, believe it or not, it’s not even Beck or Palin. The greatest threat against America are the tens of millions of Americans who won’t turn out to vote this November effectively giving power to 87,000 angry assholes.

“Sarah Palin is an idiot. Glenn Beck is a moron. And I am sick of Fox News. I mean it. Really.”

Lord it’s good to hear Helen say those words again: “I mean it. Really.”

I can’t tell you how much I missed the old girl. I felt some strange emotions when she stopped writing and, when it went on for weeks and weeks, I actually got angry at her and just threw up my hands and said, “Good riddance!” Now she’s back and all is forgiven.

___________________________

You can email Charles Leck
or you can sign-in to post a comment on the blog
or you can click on “follow” in the top right hand corner

No comments:

Post a Comment