Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Election Day Jitters


In a little over an hour, I’m off to vote!
by Charlie Leck

It is election morning! In a little over an hour I will go off to our comfortable city headquarters to cast my votes. I like to be among the first voters there. Then I’m going to breakfast with a friend and, perhaps, I’ll be able to relax. Tonight there is an election evening party at which we’ll watch the votes come in from around the nation. As our contribution to the party, Anne is in the kitchen now, preparing a couple of legs of lamb that will marinate for several hours before I put them in the oven.

If you’ll be watching TV tonight and want to pick up an indicator of how things are going to go, watch Pennsylvania and, an hour later, Illinois. If both go Republican, the Democrats are in for a worrisome evening (and vice-versa).

I wonder if many people get as nervous as I do on an election day. My palms are sweaty now, as I type. Of course, my anticipation is nothing like it was in 2008 when we were involved in such a historic election. Yet, this is a very personal election for me in that my opposition to Tom Emmer in the gubernatorial race is so very personal. I can’t image that bozo actually sitting in the Governor’s office and presiding over state business.

Vote! Please vote! Even if you disagree with me completely! Nothing is more important to our system of government than an informed and participatory electorate.

_________________________

Why not become a follower?
If you read my blog regularly, why not become a follower? All you have to do is click in the upper right hand corner and establish a simple means of communication. Then you'll be informed every time a new blogged is posted here. If all that's confusing, here's Google's explanation of how to do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment