Saturday, July 23, 2011

What's a Guy to do?


It’s not a good day for the nation or the world as the U.S. inches toward financial disaster and Norway tries to recover from an insane, senseless and violent attack!
by Charlie Leck

What’s a guy to do? The world seems to be going crazy. The situation in Syria is absolutely awful. Violent dictators should somehow be dealt with. But, how? The world is going nuts, indeed, and the U.S. cannot inject itself in every one of these situations. We can’t afford the two or three we’re already in.

Poor Norway! What a good nation! Now it is punished for its role in Afghanistan and Libya – or that’s what appears to have happened in that nation. Guess what! The nut behind the shootings, and possibly the bombing also, is a lunatic Christian fundamentalist by the name of Anders Behring Breivik. Lord, what havoc is wreaked in your name! This NY Times story is the most thorough and enlightening that I’ve read about the matter.

Then there’s John Boehner, the Speaker of the U.S. House of Representatives. He’s proven to be as poor a leader as I dreaded he was going to be. In my lifetime I do not remember a less capable leader of Congress than this poor, incapable schmuck! He’s going to cause calamity in America! On Friday he walked out of talks with the President. He’s acting like a baby. We’ve got a national disaster waiting to happen and Boehner is on an ego trip. The best story I read about the situation is this one from the Washington Post.

Here’s some places to go to find out just what the debt/credit limit business is really all about…

Ezra Kline blog: Everything you need to know about the credit limit in one blog! (This is really an excellent piece!)

Associated Press Q&A on debt limit

Now, I’m going to find something enjoyable to do with my Saturday. Things are a bit too crazy in the world for me right now. I think I’ll hide my head in the sand.

Oh, by the way, it’s brutally hot in Minnesota again today and there are serious storm warnings. This is the most awful summer I can remember enduring up here. I can’t wait for autumn weather.

_________________________

Why not become a follower?
If you read my blog regularly, why not become a follower? All you have to do is click in the upper right hand corner and establish a simple means of communication. Then you'll be informed every time a new blog is posted here. If all that's confusing, here's Google's explanation of how to do it! If you don’t want to post comments on the blog, but would like to communicate with me about it, send me an email if you’d like.

1 comment:

  1. My apologies for Boehner. My adopted state of Ohio has not served this nation well.

    ReplyDelete