Friday, November 30, 2012

Ms. Rice, Meet Ms. Rice



Jon Stewart makes us laugh about the silliness of Senator John McCain!
by Charlie Leck

Back on November 15, I wrote a blog called John McCain Doesn’t Make Sense. It dealt with the Senator’s silly criticisms of U.N. Ambassador Susan Rice over the violence at our embassy in Benghazi. I argued that McCain and Senator Lindsay Graham have short memories. I recalled that they begged the nation’s indulgence and forgiveness for what the U.N. Ambassador in 2008 (Condoleezza Rice) said about the necessity to go to war in Iraq (one of the biggest foreign policy mistakes this nation ever made). Remember how she assured us that Iraq was stock-piling WMD (weapons of mass destruction). Even after the truth was known, McCain and Graham argued for understanding and urged us to overlook Ms. Rice’s comments then, as she was being considered by the Senate to become our Secretary of State.

This is all incredible irony. Now, a month after I wrote that, listen to Jon Stewart lay it on the line on his TV show, using the very same argument (though I do grant he is a helluva lot funnier than I).

Go here to watch this segment of his show. You will get a laugh or two out of it.

_________________________
Why not become a follower?
If you read my blog regularly, why not become a follower? All you have to do is click in the upper right hand corner and establish a simple means of communication. Then you'll be informed every time a new blog is posted here. If all that's confusing, here's Google's explanation of how to do it! If you don’t want to post comments on the blog, but would like to communicate with me about it, send me an email if you’d like.

No comments:

Post a Comment