Thursday, May 30, 2013

Beggars



I experience a problem of conscience every time I pass by a beggar without giving him or her something. I’ve shared this personal phenomenon with you, here in my blog, before.
by Charlie Leck

Let me share my Rilke reading* for today. It is very brief. It is called Beggars

“The shapeless heaps turn out to be beggars.
  They reveal themselves as you pass by.
  They are selling the nothing
   their hands hold out.”

*from Rilke’s New Poems
as published in A Year with Rilke
translated and edited by Joanna Macy & Anita Barrows


_________________________
Why not become a follower?
If you read my blog regularly, why not become a follower? All you have to do is click in the upper right hand corner and establish a simple means of communication. Then you'll be informed every time a new blog is posted here. If all that's confusing, here's Google's explanation of how to do it! If you don’t want to post comments on the blog, but would like to communicate with me about it, send me an email if you’d like.

No comments:

Post a Comment