Saturday, March 28, 2009

Absence and Love


Chris is on the box with her husband, Paul, who is driving the coach
they purchased from us last year. The photograph was taken on a
trip they made to Belgium.

I must share this little, lovely bit of French with you!
by Charlie Leck

Yesterday, a Facebook friend posted a wonderful, little rhyme in French. I was very taken by it and I offer you her translation, which, unfortunately, does not rhyme.

L'absence est à l'amour ce qu'au feu est le vent: il éteint le petit et ravive le grand...

(English): Absence does to love what wind does to fire: it kills the weak and kindles the strong...
I liked that so much that it went immediately into my quotations notebook and somewhere, sometime, I’ll use it. For now, though, I wondered why I shouldn’t just share it with my blog readers.

Thanks, Chris!


Anne in 1984 on a family vacation to San Diego.

No comments:

Post a Comment