Monday, March 23, 2009

A Great Steak Recipe


Chinese Style Steak – Steak Chinois
by Charlie Leck

Here's a fine recipe that worked perfectly and it looked wonderful, too. If I did it again, I would take the time to do a red wine reduction sauce (recipe upon request) but that might have been over-kill. I did this dinner for two, but it could effortlessly be done for a large number, except then I might be forced to use the outside grill.

Here’s the recipe from the notes I put together from earlier tests. It really is delicious. The garlic level will depend on how lightly or heavily you use the black bean and garlic sauce.

Chinese Style Steak – Steak Chinois

  • NY Strip Steaks
  • ½ Cup Olive Oil
  • Salt & Pepper
  • Black Bean & Garlic Sauce
  • Large Onion
  • Good Grilling Pan (I have an All Clad Ltd no stick, square pan with ribs)

  1. Take out NY Strip Steaks and rub with olive oil on both sides

  2. Salt & Pepper steaks to taste on both sides

  3. Rub steaks with light coating of black bean & garlic sauce on both sides (I like Lee Kum Kee)

  4. Allow steaks to come to room temperature

  5. Slice onion thinly and brown onion in frying or stir-fry pan with olive oil

  6. When onions are nearly done, grill the steaks in hot pan for about 5 minutes on each side or to preferred doneness

  7. Spread onion on platter and put steaks on top of onions

  8. Serve while very hot
Serve with a baked potato or mashed potatoes, a green vegetable or stir-fried vegetables and a French baguette.

Enjoy, with my compliments.

No comments:

Post a Comment