Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Faithful Friends


“How could you have possibly done that?” A visitor asked us that question upon hearing about some of the adventures taken by my wife over the last 30 years!
by Charlie Leck

What, in heaven or on earth, is more cherished than faithful friends? There is nothing like someone you can count on through thick and thin.

We just had house guests who stood in significant awe of my wife and some of her accomplishments in the horse world -- especially what she managed to do in the coaching and four-in-hand world.* They wondered how she could ever have pulled off some of the adventures on which she went or how she could have managed to do some of these things in such a short time period.

I just needed to tell these visitors about Elise and Lisa. They’re pictured here on a trip with us nearly 30 years ago. Without them none of the fantastic journeys we took could have happened. We would have missed out on a lot of fun and we would not have these incredible memories today.

As I pack to leave for France, I’m thinking of them and how grateful Anne and I are to what they so faithfully and loyally did for us over the years. No one could have better pals than these two.

I’ll resume blogging (mostly about politics) on September 12.

*For those of you who are curious, Wikipedia has this entry about Fairman Rogers, the author of The Manual of Coaching, and a brief description of coaching and four-in-hand driving.

_________________________

Why not become a follower?
If you read my blog regularly, why not become a follower? All you have to do is click in the upper right hand corner and establish a simple means of communication. Then you'll be informed every time a new blog is posted here. If all that's confusing, here's Google's explanation of how to do it! If you don’t want to post comments on the blog, but would like to communicate with me about it, send me an email if you’d like.

No comments:

Post a Comment