Tuesday, April 24, 2012

George Clooney’s Place



Can you imagine? I might be going to George Clooney’s place for a big party. And the President may be there, too.
by Charlie Leck

I received an email from Ann Marie just this morning – that’s Ms. Habershaw to those of you who don’t know her so well.

She wanted to let me know about the attire I might be required to wear when I and my guest show up at George Clooney’s house for a big bash with President Obama. Wow! I’m really friggin’ nervous about this.

Ann Marie also advised that I pick my guest carefully. She reminded me: “Whoever you pick to join you is going to owe you big time.”

“Think about it,” she suggested to me.

Well, I was just thinking about taking my wife along, but maybe I should take Ann Marie’s advice seriously and give it some more thought.

California! I doubt it will be black tie. I’ll probably need something like a pink sport coat (linen) and a nice yellow, silk shirt beneath it. Very dark gray slacks seem to make sense – along with yellow socks and a pair of soft leather loafers. Oh, boy! And, I’d better work on losing 20+ pounds before the big evening.

That was easy, but this matter of a guest is sticky! Just who? As Ann Marie suggests, it should probably be someone who I’ll enjoy having in my debt for a while. Just who? Maybe I can talk to my wife and get some suggestions from her.

First, I guess I better send in my $190 to the President’s campaign. That’s how much Ann Marie suggests I send on to her. It’ll get me in the running for this visit to George’s place out in LA. I don’t really want a lot of competition, but since you’re a pretty good friend I’ll let you in on where and how you can get in the mix as well: Go to this web site and send the President’s campaign a little gift. Any amount will get you in the running, but, from what Anne Marie says, it looks pretty much like I’ve got the thing wrapped up.

I just need to figure out who I’ll take with me.

_________________________
Why not become a follower?
If you read my blog regularly, why not become a follower? All you have to do is click in the upper right hand corner and establish a simple means of communication. Then you'll be informed every time a new blog is posted here. If all that's confusing, here's Google's explanation of how to do it! If you don’t want to post comments on the blog, but would like to communicate with me about it, send me an email if you’d like.

2 comments: