Friday, April 19, 2013

Snow Day



    4 p.m., 18 April 2013, in Independence, Minnesota

Remember those wonderful days, back when we were in grade school, when the snow barreled down during the night – too much snow for the school buses to pick up the kids? “Snow days,” they were called.
by Charlie Leck

We’d hoot and holler when the radio declared it was a snow day for Chester Public School. “No school today in Chester!” 

Well, I’m declaring it a snow day here in Minnesota – even though it is the 19th of April. Over 12 inches of snow here on the old farm from yesterday afternoon and on through the night. It’s a snow day. “No blog today!”

    I struggled my way along awful highways from Minneapolis
    and finally got to my driveway at about 4 p.m. yesterday afternoon.

    Finally, a sighting of home, taken through my windshield
    with my iPhone.

 "It's spring! It's spring, that wonderful time of year!"

_________________________
Why not become a follower?
If you read my blog regularly, why not become a follower? All you have to do is click in the upper right hand corner and establish a simple means of communication. Then you'll be informed every time a new blog is posted here. If all that's confusing, here's Google's explanation of how to do it! If you don’t want to post comments on the blog, but would like to communicate with me about it, send me an email if you’d like.

No comments:

Post a Comment