Friday, October 28, 2011

The Books Awaken


Today I present, for you viewing pleasure, a danged cute cartoon! Enjoy!
by Charlie Leck

I keep telling you about Open Culture. I sure hope you’ve gone there and found out what a clever and entertaining web site it is. You’ll find a ton of very serious and educational material; however, you’ll also find some plain old fun.

This morning they featured a Warner Brothers cartoon, Book Revue, that was named one of the 50 best of all time by a group of 1,000 animation professionals. The scene is a closed book store and it is the middle of the night. Suddenly the books begin to stir. Take it from there….


If this didn’t make you smile a little, what can I say? I’m just tired of ranting so much. This was a nice break.

________________________

However, after that nice bit of comedy, we’ll turn to a real cartoon character – Congresswoman Michele Bachmann. Ned Ryan, the President of American Majority, an organization closely identified with the Tea Party, has urged Ms. Bachmann to knock it off. “It’s time for Michele Bachmann to go,” reads the first line of the statement.

“I think it’s pretty obvious that Michele Bachmann is about Michele Bachman,” the Executive Director, Matt Robbins, said.

Even the right and the very heart of the Tea Party is starting to tire of Ms. Bachmann’s love affair with Ms. Bachmann.

I can only hope her run is over.

That’s all, folks!

_________________________

Why not become a follower?
If you read my blog regularly, why not become a follower? All you have to do is click in the upper right hand corner and establish a simple means of communication. Then you'll be informed every time a new blog is posted here. If all that's confusing, here's Google's explanation of how to do it! If you don’t want to post comments on the blog, but would like to communicate with me about it, send me an email if you’d like.

No comments:

Post a Comment