Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Bound for Glory


Bound for Glory is an amazing new exhibit from the Library of Congress!
by Charlie Leck

The Library of Congress web site is among my favorites. I keep a link to it very handy on my Internet browser.

Well, the Library of Congress recently announced an amazing new exhibit (Bound for Glory) that includes a wonderful compilation of color photographs from the era at the tail end of the Great Depression and into the beginning of World War II (1939-1943). If you go to this web site to take a look, click over to “Exhibition Items” to actually see the photographs.

What a dream exhibit for U.S. history researchers and for photographers! You won’t be wasting your time if you go take a look at the 70 photographs in this exhibit. It’s my understanding that there are many, many more photos – all taken by the Farm Security Administration – Office of War Information – and we’ll get to see the additional ones sometime in the future. Nevertheless, this first bunch of photographs will keep you busy and pleased.

For your pleasure, I've posted several of them below.

It's a lovely exhibit and I'm sure you'll enjoy it!

_________________________

Why not become a follower?
If you read my blog regularly, why not become a follower? All you have to do is click in the upper right hand corner and establish a simple means of communication. Then you'll be informed every time a new blog is posted here. If all that's confusing, here's Google's explanation of how to do it! If you don’t want to post comments on the blog, but would like to communicate with me about it, send me an email if you’d like.

No comments:

Post a Comment