Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Hooray for Duluth!


The City Council of the City of Duluth (Minnesota) passed a resolution opposing the constitutional amendment limiting marriage to that between a man and a woman.
by Charlie Leck

In November, Minnesotans will vote on an amendment to its state constitution that will define marriage as that between a man and a woman.

Let’s make it clear: Whether I’m heterosexual, homosexual, lesbian or schmeterosexual, I think the proposed amendment to our constitution is absolutely stupid. I have so many homosexual and lesbian friends who deserve the right to marriage as much as I do – or as you do!

If fact, however, as silly as I think the proposed amendment is, it will probably pass in the vote that will take place in November 2012  unless a lot of us are willing to work awfully hard to defeat it.

Congratulations to the City Council of Duluth for being so brave. It was not a unanimous vote (6-2) but it was an encouraging and a courageous one nevertheless.
_________________________

Why not become a follower?
If you read my blog regularly, why not become a follower? All you have to do is click in the upper right hand corner and establish a simple means of communication. Then you'll be informed every time a new blog is posted here. If all that's confusing, here's Google's explanation of how to do it! If you don’t want to post comments on the blog, but would like to communicate with me about it, send me an email if you’d like.

No comments:

Post a Comment