Monday, February 23, 2009

In a Quandary about all this Economics Jargon?



I’ve got a web site for you that is just plain fun, and you learn from it, too.
by Charlie Leck

I’ll be short and to the point today. I’m not big into economics and economics theory. So a few years ago, when I stumbled across the book, FREAKONOMICS, by Stephen Dubner and Steven Levitt, I got a new look at economics and liked it. I couldn’t get enough of these guys.

Fortunately, they keep up a very regular and delightful blog: Freakonomics – the Hidden Side of Everything.

Go take a peek at their blog!

On 20 February 2009, for instance, Dubner wrote a very informative blog about Lawrence Lessig and his legal work. This is really worth taking a look at. Lessig, with Joe Trippi, has put together a web site called Change Congress, which simply seeks to keep Congress honest and productive. They recently launched a “donor strike against congressional candidates who don’t support campaign finance reform.” I just took the pledge to strike against candidates who don’t back such reform. You can, too.

The guys at Freakonomics will help you navigate through all the confusion about our current economic nose dive.

No comments:

Post a Comment