Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Silly Questions 2


Some readers sent me examples of silly questions!
by Charlie Leck

A few of my readers have replied to my blog of a few days ago about a great and funny silly question and its answer. I asked readers to send me any great silly questions they may have encountered. None quite matched the great one that Fred wrote about, but, anyway, I asked, so here’s what I got.

For those of you who might not have seen it, I’ll repeat Fred’s question and his answer at the end of this blog.

Ed, from California, sent this question he often gets.

I’ve got my golf shoes on, my golf bag, full of golf clubs, slung across my shoulder, and I’m walking toward the entrance of the neighborhood golf course.

Invariably, someone walking along the sidewalk, will look at me and ask: “Goin’ golfing?”

I need Fred to come up with the appropriate answer. His, about the dog food, was histerical [sic] – absolutely wonderful.
This silly question came from a friend in France. I had to translate it myself and I think I got it right.

The following question was asked recently in a session of the English Parliament:

“Does the commission attribute the death of culture in France to its absorption into the European Union?”

What’s that American expression about ‘the reports of my death are greatly exaggerated?’
George in Vermont poses a timely and relevant question.

If we all stopped voting, would politicians go away? Please!
And, Andrea, I think, gets the prize for the best silly question of the batch.

Why do psychics keep sending me spam? Don’t they know I’m not interested?

Finally, a fellow, with whom I spend a considerable amount of time, sent this one to me.

Why do we say ‘heads up’ when we mean ‘duck?’

To repeat Fred’s silly question for those of you who missed it, here it is…

Yesterday I was at Walmart buying dog food and the lady behind me in the check out line asked me if i had a dog...

Naturally, I told her no, I was starting the Purina Diet again... even though the last time I ended up in the hospital... but since I had lost 50 pounds on the diet, I was giving it another chance...

She asked me if i had been poisoned by the dog food,...

...and I told her, no, I had stepped off the curb to smell an Irish Setter's ass and was hit by a car.

No comments:

Post a Comment