Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Why is the Government Broke?


Chicagoans call in The Bean. It's real name is Cloud Gate!

You know, we ought to have plenty of money to educate our kids and provide wonderful health care to everyone if only we spent our money more wisely!
by Charlie Leck

I watched a terrific video called The Story of Broke. It’s right-on and explains exactly where all the money goes that we send to the U.S. Government. I found it where I find so much really interesting and creative stuff – on the Open Culture web site.

I really recommend that you take the 8 minutes required to watch this very clear and well produced video. I’ve put it right here on this blog so you can easily begin watching.

Be aware that the federal government collected 2.16 trillion dollars in tax revenues in 2010. Geez, Louise! We oughta be able to get by on that! The video explains what happens to the dough and what could happen to it if it was spent correctly

When you finish watching it, you could also take a look at this production’s predecessor, a terrific little video called The Story of Stuff. In case you’re interested, I’ve included it below.

Thanks for visiting my regular blog. We’re over 1300 posts now and we’ll keep trying to bring you interesting thoughts and opinion.

_________________________

Why not become a follower?
If you read my blog regularly, why not become a follower? All you have to do is click in the upper right hand corner and establish a simple means of communication. Then you'll be informed every time a new blog is posted here. If all that's confusing, here's Google's explanation of how to do it! If you don’t want to post comments on the blog, but would like to communicate with me about it, send me an email if you’d like.

No comments:

Post a Comment