Sunday, May 22, 2011

Did the Sun Rise Safely Today?


Are you all okay? Did the world end? Is it all over?
by Charlie Leck

It is Saturday; yet, I am writing my Sunday blog very early in the morning – an hour yet before the sun rises. I will finish it and schedule it for a 7 a.m. posting on Sunday. You, of course, may or may not be reading this. In fact, none of us may be here anymore.

Harold Camping, an 89 year old radio evangelist, has indicated that today, 21 May 2011, is the day for the Rapture! The world, as we know it, will end today says Mr. Camping.

Well, frankly, there’s hardly anyone who believes him. Camping has a total of 70 children, grandchildren and/or great grandchildren and none of them believe him.

Camping has made these predictions before and been wrong, wrong, wrong! But, this time he is sure, sure, sure!

Mr. Camping is a retired engineer who has accumulated a wealth in excess of 100 million dollars. He is not theologically trained and does not claim to be a minister or preacher. He calls himself a numbers expert and a scholar of the Bible. He’s devoted himself to Bible study for years and years and years. Using that intimate knowledge of the Bible he has determined that this is the End Time.

If you are reading this tomorrow, Mr. Camping was wrong again and we have more time to repent and change our wicked ways. So, get on with it while you can. As for me, I think I’m going to go out tonight, kick up my heels and raise a little hell!

_________________________

Why not become a follower?
If you read my blog regularly, why not become a follower? All you have to do is click in the upper right hand corner and establish a simple means of communication. Then you'll be informed every time a new blog is posted here. If all that's confusing, here's Google's explanation of how to do it! If you don’t want to post comments on the blog, but would like to communicate with me about it, send me an email if you’d like.

No comments:

Post a Comment