Sunday, May 1, 2011

The Donald is a Dumb Duck


Being laid up leads to watching too much television and seeing way too much of dumb people like Donald Trump!
by Charlie Leck

I try to keep the television off. There are an awful lot of good books to read while I’m laid up and I should just stick to them. Yet, the temptation is strong to turn on the TV and sit back in my lounger chair to half nap and half listen. Thank goodness I see my surgeon tomorrow to find out how much longer I have to be confined. I’m ready to get out and damned ready to get away from this television.

Donald Trump has been one of the stars (though not a bright one) of the TV news channels during the last week and I am amazed at what a fool he’s made of himself. Trump is nothing but a joke, a dunce and a conceited jerk – and all that’s being nice to him. Trump himself fell into using the f-word a number of times in a speech up in New Hampshire last week – and there were plenty of ladies present. I am tempted to use the f-word myself in this attempt to characterize this incredibly stupid man. Keep in mind that I am fighting myself with great vigor not to call him a racist and a bigot. He travels close to that line however.

David Letterman, on his late-night TV show, put a scold on Donald this past week: “It’s all fun, it’s all a circus, it’s all rodeo, until it starts to smack of racism!”

Indeed!

David Remnick, an editor at New Yorker Magazine, said the same thing in a more condemning manner: “To do what Trump has done is a conscious form of race-baiting, of fear-mongering.”

I sat listening to Trump during this past week and sometime my jaw would drop at the things I heard. Let me tell you, Trump does even a bad job at being a racist. He doesn’t really understand some of the things he says – what some of the words actually mean in this post-slavery society.

There have been times that Trump has sounded very much like Archie Bunker: “I have a great relationship with the blacks.”

Why the absurd birther questions raised by Trump? They had a hard racist edge about them. When they were finally exposed as totally absurd, Trump switched gears and wondered how Mr. Obama could ever have gotten into Columbia and Harvard Law. He claimed to have “heard” that Obama had not been a very good student in his early college career at Occidental. Now he’s challenging the President to make public his transcripts from college. Never mind that the President graduated from Harvard Law magna cum laude and was the editor of the Harvard Law Review.

People began to grow tired of the low punches the Donald was throwing at our President. People began asking for more transparency about Trump himself. How about Trump’s college grades? How about a true, audited report of his actual wealth and where all that money comes from?

Trump praised himself far too much for forcing the President to display his birth certificate. He told us how proud he was of that accomplishment.

The Los Angeles Times derided Trump’s accomplishment: “Good boy, Donald. What you ‘accomplished’ is to make a fool of yourself and diminish our president’s dignity.’

The LA newspaper suggested that it is time to ‘fire’ Donald Trump.

This week, Mark Singer opened a column in The New Yorker with the perfect rip on the Donald.

“As someone who once devoted several months to studying Donald Trump’s career and habits, an endeavor alternately excruciating and pleasurable, I wouldn’t have predicted that I would find nothing amusing in his big-footing about and pretending that he had something worthwhile to offer our republic in its hour of great need.”

Singer’s personal observation was of a man aspiring to and seeking “the ultimate luxury, an existence unmolested by the rumbling of a soul.”

Singer also assures us that Trump can and will get even uglier! “Count on it,” he writes.

Now, I’m not ordinarily influenced by what celebrities have to say about politics and important legislative issues; however, there are a few famous people I do admire. I invite you to hear these comments from a few of them.

Bill Cosby on the Today Show (April 8) was very upset that his interviewer took time out to talk about Donald Trump and the birther issue. She asked Bill why he was so opposed to Trump?

“Because he’s full of it. You run or you shut up, but the only thing he’s running is his mouth.”

In response, Trump said: “He’s obviously an Obama fan!” God, Trump is brilliant.

What the famous Cher had to say about Trump is something else:

“Donald Trump is a pompous A-hole! Saw him in Aspen with one D-cup after another. Everyone up there thought he was a complete idiot.”

Jerry Seinfeld, a guy I really do admire and listen to, in an interview with Extra put it perfectly for me:

“Let me say this about Donald Trump. I love Donald Trump. All comedians love Donald Trump. If God gave comedians the power to invent people, the first person we would invent is Donald Trump – God’s gift to comedy!”

I hope the Republican Party is totally embarrassed about this very low-down and cruel human being. To those of you who will actually watch his apprentice show I can only say: “Shame on you!”

I must go and get dinner started. I’ll post this on Sunday morning.

_________________________

Why not become a follower?
If you read my blog regularly, why not become a follower? All you have to do is click in the upper right hand corner and establish a simple means of communication. Then you'll be informed every time a new blog is posted here. If all that's confusing, here's Google's explanation of how to do it! If you don’t want to post comments on the blog, but would like to communicate with me about it, send me an email if you’d like.

No comments:

Post a Comment