Sunday, January 29, 2012

Bill and Newt


Oh, my! Newt Gingrich has run into big trouble in his campaign in Florida. Building a moon station for billions of dollars has NOT caught the imagination of the American people and Mitt Romney has jumped all over it.
by Charlie Leck

I love these lines from a story in the Washington Post, by David Maraniss (22 January 2012) about former President Bill Clinton and current presidential candidate, Newt Gingrich. Read them below and see what you think. I’d love to hear from you about how you immediately reacted (chasleck@gmail.com). Or, post a comment here on the blog.

“Gingrich and Clinton share a propensity to think they are the smartest person in the room. When they were in rooms together, in the mid-1990s, Clinton dominated. He knew Gingrich’s vocabulary, he understood how to outwonk him, and the result was that the president mesmerized and overwhelmed the otherwise-cocky House speaker.

“I’ve got a problem, I get in those meetings and as a person I like the President,” Gingrich acknowledged during the era, when I was reporting on the “Republican revolution” with my colleague Michael Weisskopf. “I melt when I’m around him. After I get out, I need two hours to detoxify. My people are nervous about me going in there because of the way I deal with this.”

I think Newt’s ship has sustained serious damage down in Florida and it is taking on water rapidly – bit of a sinking feeling it must be for him!

_________________________
Why not become a follower?
If you read my blog regularly, why not become a follower? All you have to do is click in the upper right hand corner and establish a simple means of communication. Then you'll be informed every time a new blog is posted here. If all that's confusing, here's Google's explanation of how to do it! If you don’t want to post comments on the blog, but would like to communicate with me about it, send me an email if you’d like.

1 comment:

  1. As far as Bill and Newt are concerned , it takes one to know one.

    ReplyDelete