Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Montana Supreme Court Flinches on Citizens United!


The Supreme Court of Montana, in a decision that may get over-turned, showed its distaste for the U.S. Supreme’s decision on Citizens United.
by Charlie Leck

I can’t explain this story as well as it is told in Slate by Dahlia Lithwick, so I recommend you read it there, especially if you find the Citizens United decision by the U.S. Supreme Court as distasteful as I do.

The Montana decision is liable to reach the Supreme Court also and Lithwick seems to think that may be an opportunity for the Court to back away a little bit from its very shaky earlier decision.


_________________________
Why not become a follower?
If you read my blog regularly, why not become a follower? All you have to do is click in the upper right hand corner and establish a simple means of communication. Then you'll be informed every time a new blog is posted here. If all that's confusing, here's Google's explanation of how to do it! If you don’t want to post comments on the blog, but would like to communicate with me about it, send me an email if you’d like.

No comments:

Post a Comment