Tuesday, January 31, 2012

A Good Morning Laugh


There’s nothing like beginning the day with a big, hearty laugh. I’ve gotten going that way two mornings in a row now and I give appropriate thanks!
by Charlie Leck

A reader of our local newspaper (The StarTribune of the Twin Cities) recently sent in a note that was posted on Tuesday morning as “The Letter of the day.” Martin Urberg, of Minneapolis, seems to be warning the Republicans:

“The Republican nomination race,” Mr. Urberg writes, “reminds me of an old nursery rhyme…”

There once were two cats of Kilkenny
Each though there was one cat too many
So they fought and they fit
and they scratched and they bit
‘til except for their nails
and the tips of their tails
instead of two cats there weren’t any

Kudos and thanks to Mr. Urberg. I loved it. Nothing like beginning the morning with a big laugh!

I got yesterday off to a rolling start as well, when I read an email from my old, old friend Rich (Little River, SC) who sent this along (he said he’s seen it in a number of places and can’t attribute it to anyone)…

Grandad [sic] remembering the good old days…
When I was a boy, my Momma would send me down to a corner store with $1, and I’d come back with 5 bags of potatoes, 2 loaves of bread, 3 bottles of milk, a hunk of cheese, a box of tea, and 6 eggs.
You can’t do that now. Too many f---in’ security cameras!

After Florida’s votes are in tonight (a winner-take-all primary) Mitt Romney will probably have 87 delegates in the bank. Sorry to tell you this, but he needs 1,144 to secure the nomination, so this process will go on for awhile. That, I am afraid, is no laughing matter!

Until tomorrow!

_________________________
Why not become a follower?
If you read my blog regularly, why not become a follower? All you have to do is click in the upper right hand corner and establish a simple means of communication. Then you'll be informed every time a new blog is posted here. If all that's confusing, here's Google's explanation of how to do it! If you don’t want to post comments on the blog, but would like to communicate with me about it, send me an email if you’d like.

No comments:

Post a Comment