Thursday, January 5, 2012

The Saving American Democracy Amendment


The extraordinary Bernie Sanders is promoting an amendment to the U.S. Constitution that would nullify the impact of the Supreme Court’s decision on Citizens United!
by Charlie Leck

A member of the family, who definitely does not agree with me on all matters politick, sent along a note to me this morning about a constitutional amendment that Bernie Sanders, U.S. Senator for Vermont, is pushing that would essentially overturn (or make mute) the U.S. Supreme Court Decision on Citizens United. You’ve all read my moaning and groaning about the subject here on my blog.

I signed the on-line petition this morning. Here’s where you can go to sign it also.

Citizens United is one of the most horrible decisions ever handed down by the Supreme Court. You can make an impact in nullifying it by promoting this constitutional amendment. Send an email to all your friends, asking them to go to the Sanders’ site to add their names to the petition.

I don’t like to beg, but PLEASE!

I wrote again, just two days ago, about the negative impact of this awful decision: Craziness Unleashed in Iowa!

You can view Senator Sanders’ speech offering this amendment on the floor of the Senate below…


“In my view a corporation is not a person! In my view a corporation does not have first amendment rights to spend as much money as it wants, without disclosure, on a political campaign… I do not believe that that is what American democracy is about!” [Bernie Sanders]

_________________________
Why not become a follower?
If you read my blog regularly, why not become a follower? All you have to do is click in the upper right hand corner and establish a simple means of communication. Then you'll be informed every time a new blog is posted here. If all that's confusing, here's Google's explanation of how to do it! If you don’t want to post comments on the blog, but would like to communicate with me about it, send me an email if you’d like.

1 comment: