Saturday, May 12, 2012

Some Fine Journalism


Here’s a terrific piece of newspaper writing that I recommend to you….
recommended by Charlie Leck

The Jason Horowitz story in the Washington Post [10 May 2012], about the Mitt Romney hazing (and, perhaps, bullying) incident at his prep school, is definitely worth a read. It’s a very long story, but it’s remarkably well written after interviews with a number of Romney’s school-mates. [click here to go to the story]

The story has made me recall some of the madness in my high school years and I’ve written a long piece about that time that I think should remain unpublished. I’ll put it away somewhere so my grandkids can come across it someday.

The Horowitz story could win some journalism prizes so I recommend it to you.


_________________________
Why not become a follower?
If you read my blog regularly, why not become a follower? All you have to do is click in the upper right hand corner and establish a simple means of communication. Then you'll be informed every time a new blog is posted here. If all that's confusing, here's Google's explanation of how to do it! If you don’t want to post comments on the blog, but would like to communicate with me about it,send me an email if you’d like.

No comments:

Post a Comment