Saturday, May 5, 2012

Tear it Up!



Sometimes – a few times – my best blogs have been the ones I’ve torn up and not published.
by Charlie Leck

This morning I did the modern equivalent of tearing up a draft of a blog! I double-deleted it from my computer. You should be glad I did. I wrote about President Obama’s girl friends. I was just repeating and rehashing stuff David Maraniss wrote about in his new book, a biography [Barack Obama: The Story].

I read through my draft and chuckled. I reached up and tapped the delete-all button. He was a boy once, even as I – and I know it’s hard to believe – was. I made a lot of mistakes as a boy and most of them were about girls. They confused the hell out of me. I never did get them figured out.

The President did a helluva lot better job than I. What I read about young Barack and his girlfriends makes me like him even more.

“Thanks,” he told one of them after she said she loved him. Why didn’t I think of that?


_________________________
Why not become a follower?
If you read my blog regularly, why not become a follower? All you have to do is click in the upper right hand corner and establish a simple means of communication. Then you'll be informed every time a new blog is posted here. If all that's confusing, here's Google's explanation of how to do it! If you don’t want to post comments on the blog, but would like to communicate with me about it, send me an email if you’d like.

No comments:

Post a Comment