Sunday, September 16, 2012

Don’t Say I Didn’t Warn You!



Congratulations! You’ve almost made it! Another seven weeks and you’ve gotten through it! I just want to stop hearing Mitt Romney’s and Michele Bachmann’s voices in my sleep!
by Charlie Leck

On the first day of this year – on New Year’s Day – I posted a blog that I titled “2012 will be a Year of Hyperbole!”

Oh, my! It wasn’t so difficult, you know. I knew there was a year of politics – an election year – coming up. On that first day of the year I quoted Mitt Romney and then Rick Santorum.

“This could be our last chance to save America from a Greece-like bankruptcy. The nation is only inches away from no longer being a free economy.” [Mitt Romney]

“…this election is about whether America and its very essence will continue.”
                                                                                                               [Rick Santorum]

“You get the idea,” I wrote. “This is going to be some 10 months ahead! Fasten your seat belts! Have a throw-up bag at hand! Gird your loins! And, get ready for an all-out cat fight!”


_________________________
Why not become a follower?
If you read my blog regularly, why not become a follower? All you have to do is click in the upper right hand corner and establish a simple means of communication. Then you'll be informed every time a new blog is posted here. If all that's confusing, here's Google's explanation of how to do it! If you don’t want to post comments on the blog, but would like to communicate with me about it, send me an email if you’d like.

No comments:

Post a Comment