Thursday, September 27, 2012

FOX News and the Polls


    An aside I thought comical: As I was looking around
     for a graphic to use with this blog, I put the word
     "FOX" into the Google search engine, What came up,
     mainly, were images of quite young, hot and, I
     guess, foxy young women. Oh well, I did find one
     photo to my liking and I created this computerized
     watercolor from it. (C. Leck)

A fox running around in circles like a chicken with its head cut off is sometimes the only way to describe FOX News!
by Charlie Leck

Fox and Friends, a TV news show (sort of) is a stranger to me. I’ve never watched it. However, this morning I read about it on the Talking Points Memo blog – The Polls are Rigged – written by Michael Lester (27 September 2012). The hosts on Fox & Friends (Steve Doocy and Gretchen Carlson) made a big deal about how phony the polls are that show President Obama with such commanding leads where he shouldn’t be leading. They proposed a number of conspiracy theories to try to explain what the pollsters are doing.

Here’s the problem, as I point in a blog I will post tomorrow morning. FOX News polling is highly regarded and quite accurately run. I trust it and I trust its methodology. And, it is currently showing President Obama in commanding leads in some of the most important swing states (such as Ohio).

I don’t think I need say anything more.


_________________________
Why not become a follower?
If you read my blog regularly, why not become a follower? All you have to do is click in the upper right hand corner and establish a simple means of communication. Then you'll be informed every time a new blog is posted here. If all that's confusing, here's Google's explanation of how to do it! If you don’t want to post comments on the blog, but would like to communicate with me about it, send me an email if you’d like.

No comments:

Post a Comment