Tuesday, October 2, 2012

44 Emails Soliciting Contributions



Crashing into my Email!
by Charlie Leck

Sunday morning – that morning alone – that peaceful and beautiful Sunday morning with the sun shining brightly, setting off a blazing display of colors in the autumn leaves – I opened my email to find 44 requests for political campaign contributions. Amazing!

Today I opened my email to find another two dozen or so requests. I've tried to be generous but there is only so much one can do.

It seems I am told everyday how much I am needed to help the party retain the Senate, regain the House or secure the White House for four more years. I get national requests to give to the Massachusetts race or the Missouri race; or to help Tammy Baldwin in Wisconsin; and on and on and on! Amazing!

I am told, time and time again, it is up to me – to me, mind you – or the party will face a disgraceful and sorrowful defeat!

I receive emails from local candidates and for the organizations running campaigns against constitutional amendments. Victory and/or defeat hangs in the balance and my decision to comply or not with the requests of these various emails will make the difference (or some organizations say more modestly, “could make the difference").

There is only slightly more than a month to go – about another 1500 emails to delete!

I know I shouldn’t complain. After all, you’re probably facing similar circumstances. It is not just I.

_________________________
Why not become a follower?
If you read my blog regularly, why not become a follower? All you have to do is click in the upper right hand corner and establish a simple means of communication. Then you'll be informed every time a new blog is posted here. If all that's confusing, here's Google's explanation of how to do it! If you don’t want to post comments on the blog, but would like to communicate with me about it, send me an email if you’d like.

No comments:

Post a Comment