Monday, October 29, 2012

The Lie Clock



Oh, my! A good joke at a serious time. There is nothing like it!
by Charlie Leck

This one came in from a reader in South Carolina who had received it from someone who had probably received it from someone (you know how that goes), so I can’t credit anyone with authorship. It’s clever and meant to be funny and not factual.

A man died and went to Heaven. As he stood in front of the Pearly Gates, he saw St. Peter and a huge wall of clocks behind him. He asked, "What are all those clocks?"
St. Peter answered, "Those are Lie-Clocks. Everyone on earth has a Lie-Clock. Every time you lie, the hands on your clock move."
"Oh", said the man. "Whose clock is that?"
"That's Mother Teresa's," replied St. Peter. "The hands have never moved, indicating that she never told a lie."
"Incredible," said the man. "And whose clock is that one?"
St. Peter responded, "That's Abraham Lincoln's clock. The hands have moved twice, telling us that Abraham told only two lies in his entire life."
"Where's Romney's clock?" asked the man.
"It's in my office. I'm using it as a ceiling fan!"

I chortled at that one. Pretty good! The campaign has been tough and Romney has appeared to be a man willing to do what he has to do to get the highest office in the land. I don’t think anyone really knows who he is or what he’s all about. Should he win, we must hope he turns out to be a decent, caring man. I don’t think he’ll turn out to be a tool of the billionaires who have powered the Republican campaign in this election. I hope! I guess it’s all we can do!

However, I am not giving up hope entirely. The election is still in the hands of the people of Ohio!


_________________________
Why not become a follower?
If you read my blog regularly, why not become a follower? All you have to do is click in the upper right hand corner and establish a simple means of communication. Then you'll be informed every time a new blog is posted here. If all that's confusing, here's Google's explanation of how to do it! If you don’t want to post comments on the blog, but would like to communicate with me about it, send me an email if you’d like.

No comments:

Post a Comment