Saturday, October 13, 2012

Getting Away!



I’ve been thinking all day about Joe Biden and the debate Thursday night. I didn’t like it. I know what was going on, but I still didn’t like it. I think I’m gonna give up on the campaign. Then Samuel Jackson – yeh, that Samuel Jackson – breaks into my joint and bangs me upside the head and screams at me! You’re probably thinking I’ve gone crazy!
by Charlie Leck

You know, I think I need to get away.

The election campaign is getting me down. I take all this stuff way too seriously. I need to get away. So, I’m planning a trip to Manhattan just before the election. I’ve got tickets to see Chaplin at the Ethel Barrymore. The reviews are pretty good. I might try for tickets to the opera, too. We’ll get back in time to vote, but I need to do something to get my mind off all these numbers and all the frantic behavior of candidates here, there and everywhere. It’s the damnedest campaign I’ve ever witnessed. Did Joe really need to tear Ryan’s ass out like that? Wasn’t there some reasonable way to do it?

I just can’t get into it like I did in 2008. I worked phone-banks back then. I wrote hundreds of letters and emails to just about all my contacts, urging them to vote for change. Vote for Change!

Oh well, that was then and this is now.

Just as I wrote that, someone came crashing into my peaceful study up here in my treetop hideout. It was Samuel Jackson. I’m not kidding you – it was that Samuel Jackson. He screamed at me and scared the living daylights out of me – if you know what I mean!

“Wake the fuck up,” he hollered at me!

Can you believe it? The Jewish Council for Education and Research put the video ad together. It’s like nothing I’ve ever seen – especially the scene in which two very old married folk, who seemed too old and way too ill-shaped to really do it, are about to start – you know – uh, uh – copulating!


Someone tells me there’s a lot of this stuff on You Tube – on Obama’s own You Tube channel and the ads are just a stitch. Some of them are made by the best pros in the business. They are not reaching people, however – not, at least, like they did in 2008. Remember the great YES YOU CAN video?

Now so many of us are slumbering this election out that we need to be shaken and told to get our asses in gear again. Oh well, maybe the trip to Manhattan can wait.

_________________________
Why not become a follower?
If you read my blog regularly, why not become a follower? All you have to do is click in the upper right hand corner and establish a simple means of communication. Then you'll be informed every time a new blog is posted here. If all that's confusing, here's Google's explanation of how to do it! If you don’t want to post comments on the blog, but would like to communicate with me about it, send me an email if you’d like.

No comments:

Post a Comment