Sunday, October 14, 2012

Personal Impacts of Minnesota Marriage Amendment



Minnesota’s proposed constitutional amendment to redefine marriage hits home very personally with so many people. To me, the stories are almost always heart-rending. A recent one involves Michele Bachmann and Helen LaFave. If you can read it and don't feel deeply touched, you don’t understand…
by Charlie Leck

I was disquieted this morning by a remarkable column in the New York Times about Congresswoman Michele Bachmann and her stepsister, Helen LaFave. The two girls were very close when they were young. Ms. LaFave has lived with a woman for over 25 years and they have always dreamed of marrying some day here in Minnesota.

Oh, I shouldn’t tell the story poorly, when Frank Bruni has told it so well [You can find it here!] I urge you to read it.

I have no wise-cracks about Congresswoman Bachmann this morning. – only sadness!

_________________________
Why not become a follower?
If you read my blog regularly, why not become a follower? All you have to do is click in the upper right hand corner and establish a simple means of communication. Then you'll be informed every time a new blog is posted here. If all that's confusing, here's Google's explanation of how to do it! If you don’t want to post comments on the blog, but would like to communicate with me about it, send me an email if you’d like.

1 comment:

  1. excellent article, and yes, very sad. thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete